AITKIN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Aitkin Area Chamber of Commerce exists to:
Attract people–tourists, permanent and seasonal residents and businesses to the AREA,
Raise the awareness of city, county, state and federal governing/legislative developments
that affect the AREA,
Enhance public relations through marketing, programs and events, which encourage total community awareness of the AREA,
Advance business, professional, educational, church, community health in the AREA.
The Chamber provides an opportunity for members to partner with others to promote a positive business climate and to enhance the quality of life in our area.
Just a few reasons to Shop Small.
- There are 23 million small businesses in the country.
- Small businesses have increased by 49% since 1982
- 54% of U.S. sales happen at small businesses.
- Small businesses have created 8 million jobs since 1990.
Small Business Stats
- Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to non-profits and community causes (Source: Seattle Good Business Network).
- If you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays in your local economy. If you spend the same at a large business, only $43 stays in the local economy.