Job Opportunities in Aitkin
The Office & Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to provide positive and helpful services to chamber members, area residents, and visitors.
- Daily Office Management
Maintain regular attendance in the office to assure availability of Chamber services to residents and visitors. Complete tasks on a timely schedule in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Daily Office Management duties include:
- Check phone messages and handle incoming calls
- Respond to requests for information
- Process mailings and maintain mailing lists
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, maintain office equipment, supplies, and appearance
- Community and Member Outreach
This role will involve communicating with community and chamber members.
Regular Outreach duties include:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, update and maintain aitkin.com and social media channels (Instagram, Facebook)
- Coordinate e-mail marketing campaigns via Constant Contact in collaboration with the Executive Director
Occasional Outreach duties include:
- As needed, attend committee meetings to maintain a working knowledge of chamber goals and happenings
- Assist the Executive Director with events as needed
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to hospitality and ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Proficiency with computers and willingness to learn new applications/processes when applicable. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Self-sufficiency with the ability to adapt. There are always new challenges and opportunities in the chamber world!
- Maintain a positive attitude and sense of community pride
This is a flexible, part-time position. 10-15 hours per week.
Hourly Wage: Minimum of $10.50 hourly – DOQ.
The first 90 days of employment will be considered a probationary period. At the end of 90 days the board will evaluate overall performance.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter can be in the body of the email. Cover letters may be addressed to “Hiring Committee.”
About the Aitkin Area Chamber of Commerce:
The Aitkin Area Chamber of Commerce exists to:
- Attract tourists, permanent and seasonal residents and businesses to the area
- Raise awareness of city, county, state, and federal governing/legislative developments that affect the area
- Enhance public relations through marketing, programs, and events, which encourage total community awareness of the area
- Advance business, professional, educational, church, community health in the area
In collaboration with our partners, we assist in advancing the economy by championing the retention, expansion, and attraction of Chamber members and area businesses.